The university Committee on Tenure and Promotion (UCTP) is an important faculty committee composed of 24 tenured, full professors. The UCTP formally evaluates and votes on all tenure and promotion files.
The committee then reports its recommendations directly to the president. The UCTP works with the Office of the Provost and has final approval for all revisions to the statements of criteria and procedures for tenure and promotion submitted by the various academic units at the university.
Finally, the UCTP provides guidance on the tenure and promotion process to units and candidates. Units can find help preparing and revising their criteria and procedures for tenure and/or promotion in the UCTP Guidelines for Units: Preparing Criteria and Files [pdf] document. Guidance for the compilation, submission, and confidential handling of tenure or promotion files can also be found in the UCTP Guidelines document.
The UCTP also organizes an annual spring workshop on reading day for colleagues applying for tenure and promotion.
Elected Committee Members
- Lara Lomicka Anderson, Languages, Literatures and Cultures (2021)
- Varsha Kulkarni, Physics and Astronomy (2021)
- Catherine Compton-Lilly, Instruction and Teacher Education (2021)
- Wayne Outten, Chemistry and Biochemistry (2021) - Chair
- Rekha Patel, Biological Sciences (2021)
- Jiajia Zhang, Public Health (2022)
- Gerald McDermott, International Business (2022)
- Stephanie Mitchum, Religious Studies(2022)
- Carol Pardun, Journalism) (2022)
- Anton Schep, Mathematics, (2022)
- Amanda Fairchild, Psychology (2023)
- Sue Levkoff, Social Work (2023)
- Johannes Stratmann, Biological Sciences (2023)
- Collin Webster, Physical Education (2023)
- Sudha Xirasagar, Health Services Policy and Management (2023)
Appointed Committee Members
- Cynthia Corbett, Nursing (2021)
- Jay Potts, Cell Biology and Anatomy (2021)
- Robin DiPietro, Restaurant and Tourism Management (2021)
- Jacqueline Fox, Law (2022)
- Karen Gavigan, SLIS (2022)
- Robert Mullen, Civil and Environmental Engineering (2022)
- Thomas Brown, History (2023)
- Krishna Mandal, Electrical Engineering (2023)
- Scott Vandervelde, Accounting (2023)