The Palmetto College Online Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice is issued by USC Upstate, one of USC's senior campuses.
Palmetto College's Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice is designed to provide current and future criminal justice professionals with the educational background necessary to be successful in a criminal justice career or graduate school.
- Learn critical thinking, communication, writing, and analytical skills
- Receive comprehensive knowledge and hands-on training in the core principles related to crime and criminal justice, including the study of crime, courts, policing, corrections, offenders and victims
- Participate in internships, field research, service learning, and academic projects as part of their academic experience
Program Highlight - Accreditation
USC Upstate is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Commission on Colleges.
Why should I complete a bachelor's degree in criminal justice?
Through a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, graduates are prepared to serve with a much broader and deeper conceptual understanding of how to carry out their duties in law enforcement, corrections, legal settings, academia, and other professions effectively and ethically.
Prerequisites and Requirements
To apply for this online degree program, students must have:
- 45-60 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA in all previous college-level course work
- Students transferring credits into the program are encouraged to have completed the
- Two courses in composition
- College math (or higher) and Statistics
- Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
- Natural Science with a Lab
- Two courses in world language, or placement in to intermediate level in world language
The degree completion time is dependent on the number of courses that are accepted by USC Upstate for transfer credit and number of courses a student successfully completes each semester. Students are generally able to complete the program in two years or less, depending on their ability to manage coursework, career, family, and other life circumstances. Talk to an advisor about how to balance Palmetto College classes with your schedule.
Ready to get started?
New terms begin six times per year, with the option to take your courses 100% online or in a blended format.
Call, chat, or email us today! Our trained representatives can create a plan that takes into account your earned credits and your unique circumstances. If you are unsure whether you meet the prerequisites and would like to request a pre-evaluation of your previous college work, please talk with a Palmetto College representative before applying.
If you've already talked to a Palmetto College representative, just follow the application instructions for this degree.