The Palmetto College Online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Crime Analysis is issued by USC Upstate, one of USC's senior campuses.
Palmetto College's Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Crime Analysis is designed to provide students with a powerful set of tools and strategies for collecting and using data to tidentify crime patterns and inform policing decisions. Graduates go on to become crime analysts who support public safety and help to enhance the effectiveness of their agencies.
- Learn critical thinking, communication, writing, and analytical skills
- Learn how to use statistics, mapping, and data science to figure out which factors are coming together to create crime problems
- Receive comprehensive knowledge and hands-on training in the core principles related to crime and criminal justice, including the study of crime, courts, policing, corrections, offenders, and victims
- Participate in internships, field research, service learning, and academic projects as part of their academic experience.
Program Highlight - Accreditation
USC Upstate is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
(SACS) and the Commission on Colleges.
Why should I complete a bachelor's degree in criminal justice with crime analysis concentration?
This degree program provides students with the basic skills required for an entry-level position as a Crime Analyst in a local, state, or federal law enforcement agency.
Employing a crime analyst is a particularly cost-effective measure for police agencies since the majority of crime tends to be committed by a small percentage of offenders and/or in a small percentage of locations within the jurisdiction. Crime analysts use statistics, mapping, and data science to figure out which factors create crime problems. Then police agencies can work together with communities and other organizations, like city planning, code enforcement, or social service agencies to focus on those areas proactively and come up with strategies to disrupt crime.
Prerequisites & Requirements
To apply for this online degree program, students must have:
- 30 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA in all previous college-level course work
- Students transferring credits into the program are encouraged to have completed the
- Two courses in composition
- College math (or higher) and Statistics
- Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
- Natural Science with a Lab
- Two courses in world language, or placement in to intermediate level in world language
The degree completion time is dependent on the number of courses that are accepted by USC Upstate for transfer credit and number of courses a student successfully completes each semester. Students are generally able to complete the program in two years or less, depending on their ability to manage coursework, career, family, and other life circumstances. Talk to an advisor about how to balance Palmetto College classes with your schedule.
Ready to get started?
New terms begin six times per year.
Call, chat, or email us today! Our trained representatives can create a plan that takes into account your earned credits and your unique circumstances. If you are unsure whether you meet the prerequisites and would like to request a pre-evaluation of your previous college work, please talk with a Palmetto College representative before applying.
If you've already talked to a Palmetto College representative, just follow the application instructions for this degree.