The Palmetto College Online Bachelor of Arts in Special Education is issued by USC Aiken, one of USC's senior campuses.
The USC Aiken Bachelor of Arts in Special Education degree is designed to prepare you for success as a teacher of special needs children in grades K-12 .The curriculum provides a foundation upon which the pedagogy and pedagogical content knowledge are built and dispositions such as responsible citizenship, respect for diversity, and cross-cultural understandings are developed. Your education degree from USC Aiken will prepare you to become a successful Dynamic Educator who can plan, instruct, manage, communicate, and grow professionally.
Currently certified South Carolina Teachers can add-on certification in Special Education through taking the appropriate coursework offered in this program. Access the appropriate link below to see the needed coursework.
- Add-on certification in Multicategorical Special Education (pdf)
- Add-on certification in Learning Disabilities (pdf)
- Add-on certification in Intellectual Disabilities (pdf)
- Add-on certification in Emotional Disabilities (pdf)
Prerequisites & Requirements
To apply for this online degree program, students must have:
- 45-60 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Completion of the following courses:
- Composition and Literature
- College Algebra
- Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
- Biology course with a Lab
- Non-Biology course with or without a Lab
- Introductory Psychology
- Social or Behavioral Science
- World Civilization
- American History or American Government
If you’re a full-time student, the program should take about two years—the same as
if you were attending class in-person. If you work, you may need to take a lighter
Talk to an advisor about how to balance Palmetto College classes with your schedule.
Palmetto College’s Special Education (Multicategorical) program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and holds National recognition by the Council for Exceptional Children.
CAEP advances excellent educator preparation through evidence-based accreditation that assures quality and supports continuous improvement to strengthen P-12 student learning.
Ready to get started?
Call, chat, or email us today! Our trained representatives can create a plan that takes into account your earned credits and your unique circumstances.
If you've already talked to a Palmetto College representative, just follow the application instructions for this degree.