What kind of funding is available for new research?
We have a seed-grant mechanism to help support novel research. Funding guidelines and an application form are available upon request. Email our managing director, Roger Newman-Norlund, to request a form or for more information.
How do I book a time to use the scanner?
All scanner time is booked through a shared Microsoft Outlook calendar. Email our managing director, Roger Newman-Norlund, to request access.
What training do you provide?
- Safety training is required for scientists to work unsupervised at the center. On completion users are provided with a swipe-identification card that allows access to the center. For details, contact managing director, Roger Newman-Norlund.
- Co-director Dr. Chris Rorden has prepared a self-guided Image to Inference training course for those using the center.
Where can I find resources about ethical guidelines for my research?
We have many protocols to ensure that your research adheres to the highest ethical standards:
- Note that eIRB approval is required for all research conducted at the McCausland Center.
- Sample consent form and protocol description.
- Review the Informed consent guidelines.
- MRI safety screening form and guidelines.
- The operations manual provides guidelines for all imaging at the center.
- The Office of Research Compliance is a great resource for additional guidance.