Virtual water coolers
By Nina Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources encourages employees to find creative ways to stay connected with one another while we work remotely.
One way to relieve the stress of isolation and mimic typical office banter with colleagues is through virtual water cooler meetings.
Schedule a virtual meeting or chat session using Microsoft Teams or other university-supported technology and queue up a fun question each week:
- What is your COVID-19 hashtag this week?
- Tell us about a big win you had.
- Describe your children or pet like they are your coworker.
- What song title best describes your current remote working situation?
- Who has gone above and beyond this week?
- What are your three biggest quarantine necessities (besides toilet paper)?
- What do you miss most about office life?
Check out additional remote working strategies such as tips, resources and strategies to help you adapt to new ways to interact with your colleagues and maintain your productivity.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about