How to fix a maintenance issue — and keep your classroom or office clean

Filling out the work request form is the quickest way to get maintenance done.

As university employees return to buildings that may have been empty or only partially occupied, numerous maintenance issues could arise. The best way to address those issues is to submit a work request form to Facilities Services, which handles maintenance requests for all educational and general buildings on campus.

Work request forms should be submitted for non-emergency maintenance issues, such as:

  • Lights out in your building
  • Wet or falling ceiling tiles
  • Faucet leaking or toilet running in a bathroom
  • Tree limb down near your building
  • Recycling bin needed for office cleanups or moves
  • Office/classroom too hot/cold

In an emergency: Call 803-777-9675. Emergency situations might include:

  • A pool of water on the floor
  • Power out in your building
  • Elevator malfunction
  • Other significant maintenance issues that require immediate attention

How it works: Filing requests directly with Facility Services enters your request into the work management team’s system and gives you a tracking number to follow up on the request.

Keep it clean: Facility Services is also your go-to contact for requesting classroom sanitation supplies, interior signage, security upgrades and more.

Office sanitation supplies: Departments and offices can order PPE supplies through Purchasing.

Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about