UofSC Board of Trustees subcommittees pass motions, ready for full board approval
By Dana Woodward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 803-777-3691
On Friday, June 5, three committees of the university’s Board of Trustees met: the Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee, the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee and the Audit and Compliance Committee. Here’s a roundup of the committee approvals that will now be up for full board approval at the meeting on June 19.
New programs and certificates approved for several system institutions
The Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee heard proposals for a variety of new educational offerings from institutions across the University of South Carolina system, and they approved the following for full board consideration:
- At Aiken: the addition of 100 percent online delivery option for a Bachelor of Arts in Communications, a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science (Cybersecurity Concentration), as well as the name change from Master of Education Education Technology to Master of Education Learning Design and Technologies
- At Beaufort: the addition of 100 percent online delivery option for a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, a Bachelor of Science in Public Health, a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management and a Bachelor of Science in Human Services, as well as the addition of new concentration in marine science in the Bachelor of Science in Biology
- At UofSC Columbia: the addition of a Master of Science in Business Analytics in the Darla Moore School of Business, an Environmental Nanoscience Certificate in the Arnold School of Public Health, the new Carolina Constitutional Law Center in the School of Law, a program modification of the Doctorate of Nurse Practitioning Nurse Anesthesia in the School of Medicine Columbia, and the Center for Mega Event Research and Education name change to Center for Advancement of Sport and Entertainment Management in the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- At Palmetto College: the addition of delivery sites for dual enrollment at Dreher High School and Lower Richland High School
- At Upstate: the addition of a Master of Science in Exercise and Sport Science
Proposed internal budget, policy review approved
The Audit and Compliance Committee reviewed and approved the proposed Audit and Advisory Services budget for fiscal year 2020-21. They also reviewed and approved the related policy BTRU 1.06, Audit & Advisory Services, which includes a change in the charter of Audit and Advisory Services that would allow the university president to directly request audits.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about