Carolina Mini Adventure courses are open to students in grades 5 through 8. The grade level is dependent upon the course offering for the program dates listed.
- Courses are held at USC-Columbia on Saturdays.
- Tuition is $100 per course per date.
- Registration is from 9:15 to 9:45 a.m.
- Class meets from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with a break for lunch.
- Scholars can enroll in one class per program date and enjoy hands-on learning experiences in academic topics that might not be available in local schools.
- Class size is limited to 15 students per course, unless otherwise noted.
Costs and Acceptance
- Tuition is $100 per program date and includes all academic activities and material.
- To register, complete the online registration form and pay the required fee online.
- Full course payment is required at the time of registration and is nonrefundable.
- Courses are filled on a first-come, first served basis.
- Applicants who cannot be placed in the selected course will be placed on a waiting list and notified of waitlist status if/when a course becomes available.
- Upon acceptance, additional information, including acceptance forms, will be sent by email within five business days.
- A course reminder email with course location and details will be sent approximately one week before the class start date.
- All participants must be covered by health insurance.
- If a student is unable to attend, please notify us at email@example.com immediately.
Application and course fees for Carolina Mini Adventures are nonrefundable. Course
fees are refunded only if the course is not offered by the University of South Carolina
or if the applicant is not accepted. If full course payment is not received by the
due date stated in the student’s acceptance forms or at least two weeks prior to the
program date, the student’s space in the class will be released and any payments made
prior to this time will be forfeited. Cancellations will result in forfeiture of payment
except in cases of illness (with doctor’s note on letterhead) or death of an immediate
The liability of the University of South Carolina is limited to the registration fee, and the university will not be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants or their families, including but not limited to airline cancellation charges or hotel deposits. Refunds take four to six weeks to process. The university reserves the right to cancel and refund all registration fees for any course due to circumstances beyond our control, including insufficient enrollment.
Individuals with disabilities or other special needs who anticipate needing reasonable accommodations or who have questions about physical access may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-777-9444 in advance of your participation in the program.
Ready to Apply?
All applications will be accepted in the order in which they are received and courses will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrollment in each course is limited – so apply now!
Complete the online registration form below and finish the registration process in the next window you are redirected to.
Confirmation that your scholar has medical and health insurance coverage while participating in the program will be required.
In the event that a scholar becomes ill or injured and our staff needs to reach a parent/guardian, we will contact persons listed in the Consent and Waiver participant form. The university health center may be a resource for minor injuries. For more serious or life-threatening issues, 911 may be called right away and the parent/guardian will be contacted as soon as possible.
USC Office of Continuing Education and Conferences is not liable for any medical or health care expenses incurred on your scholar's behalf.
Applicants who cannot be placed into their selected course will be placed on a waiting list. Applicants will be notified of waitlist status if the course becomes available. If the student would like to be transferred to another course, please email email@example.com.
Application and course fees are non-refundable. Course fees are refunded only if the course is not offered by USC or if the applicant is not accepted. Balance of course fees are non-refundable, but payment may be transferred to an alternate Carolina Mini Adventures course.
The liability of University of South Carolina is limited to the registration fee and the university will not be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants or their families, including but not limited to airline cancellation charges or hotel deposits. The University of South Carolina reserves the right to cancel and refund all registration fees for any course due to circumstances beyond our control, including insufficient enrollment.