This program is intended to provide employees with a means of financing their official University travel expenses. The Diners Club Travel Card is to be used for University business travel expenses only. The cardholder is responsible for making payments directly to Diners Club for any charges they incur.
Approval from the employee’s supervisor/manager will be required before the Diners Club application process can be completed. Once the employee’s application has been approved and processed, the card will be mailed to the billing address submitted on the application.
Diners Club Travel Card Online Application process
Corporate Card applicant completes and submits their online application:
- Go to the following website: https://www.dinersclubnorthamerica.com/ptl/en/US/apply/entry.jsp and enter the following application ID: 83638436 - OR - Use the following link, with your 8-digit application ID embedded in the URL: https://www.dinersclubnorthamerica.com/ptl/handleApp?appId=83638436&%23d=/ptl/franchises/US/jsps/apply/&%23action=init
- Complete and submit the application to the Travel Account Administrator (Jade Norris-Young) for approval.
- The applicant’s supervisor/manager must notify the Travel Account Administrator that the employee is approved to receive a Diners Club Travel Card for University business travel.
Once the application has been approved and processed, the card will be mailed to the billing address submitted on the application.
Expense Module Correction Forms are used to adjust or correct paid expense reports for Travel, Procurement Cards and Team Cards. These adjustments or corrections may include but are not limited to departments, funds, accounts, projects and distribution amounts. The use of this module will allow corrections and adjustments to be connected directly with the original expense report.
The form below should be completed, signed and emailed to GENACCTG@mailbox.sc.edu along with any supporting documentation. To process these requests more efficiently, please place the following in your email subject:
- Travel Exp. Module Corrections (for Travel expense reports)
- P-Card Exp. Module Corrections (for Procurement card expense reports)
- Team Card Exp. Module Corrections (for Team card expense reports)
Travel advances are payment type that are issued to advance funds for business purpose travel and may only be issued ten days prior to the travel. These are typically for student travel and for some travel on our campuses. The Columbia campus does not utilize travel advances. All travel advances must be settled within seven business days of return.
Use the table below to find an University approved travel agency:
|Travel Agency||Domestic Fare
|Bailey Travel Ltd d/b/a Advantage Travel
3523 Driftwood Pt. Rd.
Gilbert, SC 29054
|$40.00||$50.00||$40.00||tag 1, tag2|
|Carolinas Motor Club, Inc.
6600 AAA Drive
Charlotte, NC 28212
|CW Government Travel, Inc. d/b/a CWTSato Travel
4300 Wilson Blvd. Suite 500
Arlington, VA 22203-4178
|Forest Lake Travel, Inc.
4505 Forest Drive
Columbia, SC 29206
|Horizon Travel, Inc. d/b/a Travel Leaders
109 Old Chapin Rd. Ste. G
Lexington, SC 29072
|Key Travel, Inc.
Two Penn Plaza
1500 JFK Blvd. Ste 1301
Philadelphia, PA 19102
1526 Shirley Street
Columbia, SC 29205
100 Ashland Park Lane Ste F
Columbia, SC 29210
All Expense Reports require the following:
- Travel and Expense Authorized/Ad Hoc Signature Form [pdf]
- Signed by the person authorizing the travel (the traveler's manager/supervisor or departmental authorized signature)
- The form is not to be signed by the traveler
- The bottom section is for any Ad Hoc approvals needed
The Travel Quick Reference Guide includes information for finding, canceling, and deleting a Travel Authorization (TA) as well as finding, viewing and modifying an Expense Report.
The Travel Reimbursement Voucher (TRV) is used to reimburse a student or non-USC employee for travel expenses. The form below should be completed, signed and mailed to the Controller’s Office along with any supporting documentation.