The Travel and Expense module will be expanded to include employee reimbursement (non-travel) in PeopleSoft October 1, 2019. All employee reimbursement (non-travel) transactions currently created in Payment Request will be created in the Travel and Expense module.
What does this mean October 1
- These transactions are very similar to how travel reimbursement is currently handled.
- All employees that currently have the Proxy role for Travel will automatically receive access to create employee reimbursements (non-travel) in the Travel and Expense
- All employees that currently have the Approver role for Travel will automatically receive that role for Employee Reimbursement (non-travel) and started receiving both
travel and employee reimbursements (non-travel) in their worklists October 1.
- Employees have the ability to enter reimbursements independent of the Proxy. Pre-recorded
webinars and job aids are available. Proxies continue to be the point of contact for
any questions they may have.
- Training Update: Entering the Merchant name for all Food or Catering expense types is now required.
Getting Help and Support
The proxy will continue to be the point of contact for any question’s employees may have. If employees have difficulty entering their banking information and/or approving transactions please encourage them to contact their proxy. The proxy can contact the Accounts Payable Department with any problems that occur in the system that require attention.
If you are unsure about the types of employee reimbursements (non-travel) included in this expansion, please refer to the Employee Reimbursement (non-travel) Matrix [pdf].