Teaching teams receive important information about factors leading to a successful seminar experience, as well as the latest on new policies, requirements and recommendations. They will have the chance to exchange ideas and resources with colleagues before beginning to plan their syllabus.
These workshops are a great opportunity for co-instructors to begin developing teaching relationships and planning for their fall responsibilities.
2024 Dates and Times
All Course Planning Workshops will be held in the Capstone Campus Room.
|Friday, March 29||10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, April 2||2:00 - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, April 2||5:00 - 7:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, April 4||1:00 - 3:00 p.m.|
|Friday, April 5||10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, April 5||2:00 - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, April 9||10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Friday, April 12||9:00 - 11:00 a.m.|
|Friday, April 12||1:00 - 3:00 p.m.|
- Begin developing a working relationship with their co-instructor, including:
- discussing roles and responsibilities
- thinking about mutual expectations for class
- setting future meetings.
- Apply findings from our assessment data about how to improve the course.
- Learn important updates about course requirements, processes and resources, including Campus Partner Presentations, the "Transitions" textbook and the First-Year Reading Experience.
- Discover and share best practices for developing a successful UNIV 101 course.