Peer Leader Applications & Nominations Are Live!
Peer Leader Program
The nationally recognized University 101 Peer Leader Program at the University of South Carolina has been an important component of the University 101 course since 1993. The purpose of the Peer Leader Program is to aid in the successful transition of new students to the University of South Carolina by connecting them with upper-division students who serve as mentors and role models, resources and facilitators for learning.
As a result of having a peer leader in the University 101 classroom, students will:
- identify appropriate campus resources and opportunities that contribute to their educational experience
- develop a connection with the Carolina community and establish a sense of belonging
- articulate and apply appropriate behaviors inside and outside the classroom
- have a valuable University 101 experience
- make a successful transition to the University of South Carolina.
As a result of serving as a University 101 Peer Leader, students will:
- develop and articulate transferable skills appropriate to their personal and professional goals
- enhance their communication and facilitation skills
- identify personal leadership styles and strengths
- establish positive relationships with students and faculty and staff members.
Peer Leader Training
See all peer leader workshops and training.