Teaching Experience Workshop
This three-day workshop is a prerequisite for teaching UNIV 101 and provides prospective
instructors with valuable insight for developing and teaching the course.
Spring 2020 Workshop Dates
As a result of participating in this workshop, we expect that instructors will be
- articulate the goals, purpose and philosophy of UNIV 101
- describe the needs and attitudes of first-year students
- experience and learn appropriate pedagogical styles and techniques relevant to a seminar
- develop an understanding of and strategies to teach the major components of UNIV 101
- become acquainted with the available resources
- begin their course plan and syllabus
- build community as a cohort of instructors.