- junior or above standing during the semester they serve (by year, not by credits)
- minimum 3.0 GPA
- demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in other substantive areas of university
A University 101 Peer Leader Is:
- an active and involved member of the Carolina community
- confident in their ability to lead others
- dedicated to helping others succeed
- appropriately assertive
- able to think on their feet
- able to speak in front of a classroom of peers
- comfortable leading difficult conversations
- proud to be a student at the University of South Carolina
- a model of the Carolinian Creed.
Application Timeline for New Peer Leaders (for fall 2020)
Sept. 3, 2019 — New Peer Leader Applications Available
Note: Students who plan to study abroad during spring 2020 or wish to be considered for a fall interview and early decision should apply by the study abroad/early decision deadline. All other candidates may apply by the regular decision deadline.