Your journey begins by following these next steps:
1. Set up your Self Service Carolina and email accounts
- Claim your account .
- Set-up Multifactor Authentication. (You must first know your password and you must then verify your identity by receiving a push notification. The free Duo Security app is the easiest and fastest way)
- Claim your Network Username .
- A tutorial is available to assist you with claiming and accessing your accounts. Be sure to check your university email on a regular basis as important communications from Financial Aid, Admissions, and various campus departments will only be sent to your university email.
2. Submit your Citizenship Verification Form and Documentation.
3. Required Immunizations
- You must enter your immunizations in the "Medical Clearances" portion of MyHealthSpace and click on "Immunizations Record" and attach supporting documentation signed by
a medical provider before orientation. (Note: You can take a photo of your documentation
with your phone and upload the photo). Please also enter your immunization dates and
vaccine types in the "Medical Clearances" portion for each vaccine received. You will not be able to register for classes until we have your required immunizations on file. The required immunizations include:
- MMR Vaccine (two doses): You'll need two doses of the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine (MMR), or positive blood titer reports. Please record these on MyHealthSpace in the "Medical Clearances" portion.
- Meningococcal Vaccine (Menevo or Menactra): You'll need the meningococcal vaccine to prevent meningitis if you are younger than 21. You must have received at least one meningococcal vaccine after your 16th birthday to satisfy this requirement. Please record these on MyHealthSpace in the "Medical Clearances" portion. If you have not received this vaccine you may decline this requirement by finding the link on the left hand side labeled “Downloadable Forms”. From there you will need to find “Meningococcal Declination Form” and follow the steps to complete this form and upload to MyHealthSpace.
- TB Risk Screening Question: Complete the questionnaire found on MyHealthSpace in the "Medical Clearances" portion.
4. Complete AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates. Avoid having a hold placed on your account by making sure you complete both steps of these courses by the deadline. Until these steps are complete, you will be unable to register for classes.
5. Submit your SC Residency Certification form in Self-Service Carolina that matches your start term (Fall, Spring, or Summer) AND year. This online form MUST BE done to qualify for in-state tuition.
6. Complete the Math Placement Test and Foreign Language Placement Test before your Orientation date. Both are administered online, but the Foreign Language Placement test requires advanced registration.
7. Complete your FAFSA application and be sure to add USC Lancaster.
8. Palmetto Pathway students live in the Bates House residence hall community. We will notify you once the housing application for Bates House is open.
9. New Student Orientation. You'll receive information about New Student Orientation dates and registration later. Course registration will occur at New Student Orientation; therefore it is mandatory for Pathway students to attend. This communication will come from the University of South Carolina Office of New Student Orientation.