In an effort to accommodate a number of questions that are emerging in the wake of serious challenges across the nation, including the transition of many campuses to online learning and removal of students from clinical environments, we would like to inform our applicants that we will have increased flexibility regarding requirements for the upcoming 2020-2021 application cycle. We recognize that students will be impacted in complex, diverse, and unique ways. Please remember that we use holistic review of applicants in an effort to offer fair and thoughtful review of all applicants.
- For students who do not receive grades during this semester, we will accept pre-requisites as pass/fail courses and online labs to meet the requirements if they were taken during a semester when your University offered online-only schedules for health and safety reasons.
- We will continue to require an MCAT score to receive a secondary application and/or to be offered an interview. However, for those who wish to retake the MCAT after an initial score, we will accept MCAT scores through February 2021 (the MCAT must be taken by January 2021) if additional MCAT dates are not offered after September 2020.
- During our evaluation of applicants, we will remain cognizant of the fact that clinical and observation experiences may be more difficult to obtain during this application cycle.
- In the secondary application, we encourage applicants to share challenges that they may have experienced in the setting of this unprecedented situation and how that may have impacted professional endeavors or personal experiences.
- Until further notice, we are unable to offer tours or campus visits to protect the health and safety of all members of our learning community.
- Our team is currently telecommuting, and team members are all regularly responding to email during normal business hours.