April Monthly Tips
By Office of Parent & Family Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-868-6752
- CarolinaCard. Make sure your student has the CarolinaCash they need to buy snacks and meals during
the long study sessions leading up to final exams! To add CarolinaCash, click "CarolinaCash
Deposits" on Self Service Carolina under the account tab.
- Commencement. The 2019 Commencement ceremonies will take place May 10 at 3 p.m. and May 11 at 9:30
a.m. and 3 p.m. for undergraduate students. Ceremonies are designated by the college/school
from which your student receives their degree. For more information about Commencement,
- Exam schedule. April 29 is the last day of classes for the spring semester. Final exams take place at the end of the month and continue into May. Make sure your student
knows when their exams are scheduled to take place!
- Family Weekend. Save the date for Family Weekend 2019, Sept. 27-29! Events start mid-morning Sept.
27 and last through early afternoon Sept. 29. Enjoy a weekend of Gamecock fun with
your Carolina family. Registration will open in early summer at sc.edu/familyweekend.
- Financial aid for summer classes. The financial aid application for students taking summer courses is now available. The deadline to complete it
is May 1.
- Reading Day. Tuesday, April 30 is Reading Day for the spring semester. There will be no classes
held on this day, as it is reserved for students to prepare for final exams.
- Reflection. As the semester comes to a close, have a conversation with your student about their
academic year at Carolina. It is important to reflect on all the growth and transformation
your student has had this year and to celebrate that development! Challenge your student
to think critically on the ways they have developed and how that has prepared them
to be successful in the future.
- SophoMORE Halfway There Celebration. Students completing their sophomore year at UofSC are invited to attend the Halfway There Celebration April 17 to commemorate completing four semesters with only four remaining to graduation.
There will be food, music and fun on Greene Street with the Student Success Center from noon to 3 p.m.
- Stress management. As your student begins to prepare for final exams and papers, they may feel stressed
or overwhelmed. If your student needs to talk with someone about how they are feeling,
encourage them to make an appointment with Counseling and Psychiatry. UofSC students are eligible to receive most services at counseling and psychiatry
at no additional charge. However, students who request more than 10 individual visits
per academic year may incur additional charges.
- Summer move-out. Non-graduating students are encouraged to move out of their residence hall 24 hours after their last exam. Residence halls and the Greek Village will close May 9 at 10 a.m. and noon respectively. Discuss with your student their plans to move out.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about