June Monthly Tips
By Office of Parent & Family Programs, email@example.com , 800-868-6752
- Academic success. If your student is taking summer courses encourage them to stay on top of their work in order to maintain their GPA. The Student Success Center offers success consultations for effective study skills, exam preparation and time management.
- Advising. If your student has questions about courses, changing majors or academic planning, encourage them to speak with their academic advisor or visit the University Advising Center for more information.
- Family Weekend 2019. Get ready for an unforgettable Gamecock weekend: Sept. 27-29! Start planning your trip to UofSC before Family Weekend registration opens this summer.
- Horseshoe Bricks. Now is a great time to order a personalized brick on the historic Horseshoe for your student. This is a great way for rising seniors to leave their legacy at their alma matter. The Horseshoe Brick Program is coordinated by My Carolina Alumni Association.
- On-Campus Move-In. Incoming students will move into their residence halls Monday, Aug. 19 and Tuesday, Aug. 20. Students living on campus will receive more information about the move-in process throughout the summer from University Housing.
- Orientation. New Student Orientation begins June 10 and continues until Aug. 1. Transfer Orientation begins June 12 and continues until July 26. Students and families can learn more about the Orientation experience through the New Student Orientation website. Be sure to stop by the Office of Parent & Family Programs’ table at the resource fair!
- Parents Association. Join the dues-free Parents Association! You’ll receive monthly e-newsletters from the Office of Parent & Family Programs to help you support your student. It’s the best way for parents and families to stay connected to Carolina!
- Parking. Students bringing a car to campus next semester should review information provided by Parking Services to determine their best options for purchasing a permit.
- Reflect with Your Student. Engage in a discussion with your student about the past year at South Carolina. Allowing your student to talk about their experiences at college will help keep the lines of communication open throughout the summer and into the next academic year.
- Student Health Services. Student Health Services will observe the following summer hours until Aug. 5: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Student Mail Center. The Student Mail Center on the lower level of the Russell House will observe the following summer hours until Aug. 2: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students wishing to send packages to campus prior to Move-In can do so beginning Aug. 7.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about