July Monthly Tips
By Office of Parent & Family Programs, email@example.com, 800-868-6752
- Carolina Alert. All students should sign up or reconfirm their information for Carolina Alert to receive emergency communication by text message and email. Your student can assign your email and phone number to receive Carolina Alert messages as well. You can follow Carolina Alert on Twitter and like Carolina Alert on Facebook for follow-up messages to emergency notifications sent by text message and email, and for more routine safety information and updates. Additionally, UofSC provides Rave Guardian, a free app that allows users to set safety timers, call UofSC Police on speed dial and report suspicious activity.
- Conversation Kick-Starters. Catch up on past Conversation Kick-Starters blog posts on the Parent & Family Programs mobile app to encourage communication with your student before they head back to campus. Topics include stress management, the first-year transition and healthy relationships.
- Family Calendar 2019-20. The Family Calendar & Handbook is available to view and print on the Parents & Families Gateway. All new student orientation guests will receive a hard copy.
- Family Weekend. We hope you’ll join us Sept. 27-29 for Family Weekend 2019. Registration has opened and will close Sept. 9 at 4 p.m. (EDT). It's never too early to review the schedule of events on the Parent & Family Programs mobile app to start making plans. Spend an unforgettable weekend with your Carolina family, and enjoy fellowship, football and more.
- Follow us on social media. Receive regular updates, reminders and tips for supporting your UofSC student on the Parent & Family Programs social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram.
- Gamecock Family Roost. Families moving their student on campus in August are invited to stop by Gamecock Family Roost on Greene Street Aug. 19 and 20 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cold water and a misting fan will be available, as well as staff and additional resources to help answer your questions.
- Honor Lists. The President's and Dean's Honor Lists for spring 2019 have been posted to the University Registrar's website. These lists recognize students taking a minimum of 12 credited semester hours, who've achieved a GPA of 3.5 or higher in their respective coursework.
- Parents Association. If you haven’t already, join the dues-free Parents Association. You’ll receive monthly e-newsletters from the Office of Parent & Family Programs to keep you updated. It’s the best way for parents and families to stay connected to Carolina.
- Parking. If your student plans to bring a car to campus next semester, Parking Services is available with information on parking prices as well as maps of available garage and lot spaces.
- Residency status changes. Has your student's residency status changed within the past year? Current students may submit an S.C. Residency Certification Form on Self Service Carolina if they meet all of the criteria. For more information, contact the University Registrar at 803-777-5555.
- Start packing. August will be here before you know it. Encourage your student to begin packing for their move to Carolina so August is not overwhelming. Refer to University Housing’s website for a helpful Move-In Guide and check out the Green Move-In Tips post under the Conversation Kick-Starters tab in the Parent & Family Programs mobile app.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about