What you need to know about ordering Starship robot delivery via Grubhub
Ordering, troubleshooting and more information on the program
Posted on: February 2, 2024; Updated on: February 2, 2024
By Koby Padgett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 803-576-6701
USC students, faculty and staff can begin ordering food and drinks for on-campus delivery via robot delivery on Monday (Feb. 5) through a new partnership with Grubhub and Starship Technologies. Here’s a quick primer on using the new service.
- To order robot delivery, open the Grubhub app (Apple, Google Play) and select the delivery tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose a delivery location on campus then select from the available restaurants.
- Make your food selections and choose a payment form — CarolinaCash, meal plan dollars, debit or credit card — then checkout. Meal plan swipes are not accepted as payment and the delivery fee is $3.49.
- After checkout, you can track the delivery via an interactive map as the robot makes its journey to you. Once the robot arrives at the chosen location, you will receive an alert to meet and unlock the robot through the app.
On-campus restaurants offering robot delivery will be clearly marked in the app and include:
- The Coop @ Russell House
- Counselor’s Café
- Einstein Bros. Bagels
- Halal Shack
- Horseshoe Deli
- Panda Express
- Panera Bread
- Village Juice and Kitchen
Robots will be able to deliver to an on-campus spot inside the core campus, bounded by Blossom, Assembly and Gervais streets. The service is expected to be expanded to other areas of campus in the future.
The robots are temperature controlled to ensure that whether your food order is hot or cold, it will be delivered at the right temperature. They are equipped with cup holders and dividers to make sure nothing spills on its way to you. The robots are cleaned and sanitized before every delivery. You can find more information on the robots on the Carolina Food Co. website.
If your order is wrong or any other issues arise, go to the Grubhub app, hit the "My Order" button, then select "View Order Details" and the "Need Help?" prompt. From there, select what issue you had with the order and be connected with Grubhub support, who will troubleshoot the issue.