Certificate of Completion
Managing a classroom is more than just being an expert in your field of study. Whether you are a tenured faculty or a new instructor, this certificate program will assist you in:
- Understanding today’s student and how to structure your class to foster a sense of belonging
- Developing proactive and reactive strategies for handling academic misconduct
- Practicing how to avoid and address classroom conflicts
- Attend four primary sessions
- Complete two elective sessions
Participants will have 3 academic semesters (not including summer semesters) to complete the certificate.
June 18th One-Day Intensive
On June 18, 2019 CTE will offer all four primary sessions in a one-day intensive. If you don't complete your primary sessions during the fall and spring of 2018-2019, this is your opportunity to fullfill the primary session requirements in one day or attend a session you missed during the term.
- Setting Classroom Expectations and Creating a Sense of Belonging
- Promoting Academic Integrity
- Addressing Common Violations
- Dealing with the Unexpected: Classroom Disruptions
Elective Sessions Summer 2019
- Developing a Course Syllabus with Backward Design – Wednesday, June 26
- Blackboard Assignments and SafeAssign, Tuesday, July 9
- Blackboard: Test & Surveys, Tuesday, July 16
Register to participate in the Fostering Proactive Learning Environments Certificate of Completion program. Your registration allows us to track who has decided to participate in the certificate program. You must still register for individual workshops to fulfill both your required and elective workshops.
This certificate of completion program is co-sponsored by the Office of Student Conduct & Academic Integrity and the Center for Teaching Excellence.