CTE’s Bb Master Course Template is designed for student-centered learning and can be used in any course type (online or face-to-face). Modify the template with course specific details. Keep all content instructional organized into learning modules. Contact DoIT’s e-Learning Services for support and assistance.
Multiple Course Sections
If you’re teaching multiple sections of the same course, consider requesting that DoIT merge all course sections into a “Merged” section via Service Now. Ask a CTE instructional designer to copy the CTE Bb Master Course Template into this Merged section before you start uploading your instructional materials.
Tips for Creating Tests and Setting Test Options to Reduce Cheating
- Test Question Randomization: Create Test Pools to allow you to create Tests that have randomly selected questions. Write multiple choice questions and randomize answer options.
- Test Options: Set the test to be completed in a short time period, similar to what they would take in a F2F class.
- Grades: Set grades and test feedback to be viewable only after all tests are graded.
- Use Proctoring: Respondus Lockdown Browser, Respondus Monitor, and ProctorU are options for online proctoring. The Office of Distributed Learning and DoIT’s e-Learning Services can assist you with these tools.
Tips for Setting up Bb to Manage Your Course
- Write out weekly Announcement reminders in advance
- Setup Grade Center Smart Views
- Use Bb Groups for smaller group collaboration opportunities
- Assignments allow you to delegate grading to GTA’s or co-instructors
- Bb Rubrics allow for consistency in grading and providing quick feedback on student work