New USC adjunct faculty will be invited to participate in a virtual 90 minute orientation session sponsored by the Center for Teaching Excellence. Although the orientation is targeted at new adjunct faculty, all adjunct faculty are invited to attend. Information on the Fall 2024 Adjunct Faculty Orientation will be made available later.
Past sessions have covered the following:
- Logistics, including the Blackboard learning management system, the Banner registration and grading system, and syllabus templates.
- Tips for effective teaching, including active learning, experiential learning, effective assessment, and presentation styles.
- Practical issues including academic integrity, managing attendance, dealing with disruptive students, technical support, parking, and navigating the university bureaucracy.
Adjunct Faculty Orientation is Online ONLY.
CTE Events Calendar
Remember to check the CTE Events Calendar for events that are facilitated by veteran faculty and allow participants to explore a broad range of topics important to both novice and veteran college teachers in a format designed to be highly interactive.
Instructional Design Support
CTE's Instructional Design team can help you prepare courses and will be happy to consult with you about selecting the best combination of tools, resources, and teaching practices to develop courses and course components for face-to-face, hybrid and fully online courses.
Our instructional design team can assist you in:
- Designing detailed and organized syllabi.
- Developing course outcomes and objectives for your students.
- Creating easy-to-navigate and accessible courses.
- Incorporating multiple methods to check student learning.
- identifying the instructional technologies that support your teaching style, course objectives and activities and enhance the learning experience for your students.
- Designing, developing and delivering online courses either in a fully online, blended, or hybrid format.
Whether starting a course from scratch, enhancing a current course or moving a course to online instruction, we can help.
To consult with a member of our instructional design team or learn more about our instructional design services, Schedule an Instructional Design Consultation.