COVID-19 Researchers Looking for Participants
Effects of COVID-19 on Neurological, Cognitive and Social/Emotional Well-being in
Lead Investigator, Julius Fridriksson, Ph.D.
What is the study about?
The University of South Carolina’s Aging Brain Cohort is conducting a research study in collaboration with the Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group Division of Infectious Diseases. We are interested in studying the effects of COVID-19 on various aspects of cognition and brain health.
Who is eligible?
- Positive test/Physician Diagnosis of COVID-19 and recovered for 28 day
- Adults between the ages of 20-80
- MRI Compatible (e.g. no metal implants, not claustrophobic, etc.)
- BMI <40
- Spoken English as Primary Language for at least 20 years
What to Expect?
- 60-90 minutes of surveys that can be completed online at home
- 60-90 minutes of virtual testing* of memory, attention, and language that play like games and story-telling scenarios
- 1-hour MRI scan at Prisma Health Heart Hospital
- For your time and effort, you will receive $70 upon completion of all sessions.
*You must have access to a computer with internet and audio/webcam capabilities.
For more information please visit abc.sc.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org.