The Honors College typically employs 12-13 students each year. These students work 10-15 hours per week during office hours (8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, M-F) assisting with various tasks within the Honors College. As part of this experience, one will develop a skill set in critical thinking, customer service, interpersonal communication and teamwork. Student assistants maintain confidentiality and are trusted members of the Honors College staff. Students in this position should be flexible and enjoy a work environment where each day brings something new. Student assistants may also work in specialized areas like IT, communications, merchandise and research.
Honors Students in Action
- Clerical duties such as filing, organization, confidential record maintenance, inventory, etc.
- Respond to and triage Honors College main phone line inquiries
- Provide customer service and assistance to students in the computer lab
- Assist and support Honors College staff with special projects and errands
- Gain mastery of internal database systems
- Help prepare for various events held by the Honors College
We are now accepting applications for fall 2023. Apply here.
Honors student assistants are members in good standing of the Honors College and have completed at least one semester in the Honors College.