As the result of a year of thoughtful and productive planning, I’m pleased to announce that we have completed and adopted a new strategic plan for the University of South Carolina School of Medicine.
The School of Medicine Five Year Strategic Plan 2017-2022 [pdf] positions us to fulfill our mission to serve the people of South Carolina and beyond through exemplary medical and health education, transformative research, and compassionate patient care.
The plan focuses on five strategic goals with several objectives for each goal.
- Create a collaborative culture of discovery, innovation, and improvement which will transform health care within our health system and community.
- Strengthen and leverage relationships with key partners to enhance educational, research, clinical and leadership programs.
- Create an evolving, more clinically-integrated curriculum for School of Medicine students, based upon the needs of students, patients, health systems, and partners, upon educational and clinical best practices.
- Advance diversity and inclusion, to enhance effectiveness and to prepare a diverse workforce for the people we serve.
- Plan for new School of Medicine facilities as part of a new USC Health Sciences Campus, positioned as part of a vibrant academic health center.
Our implementation of this strategic plan will be a systematic, multi-year effort and include regular reviews and progress reports. I invite you to read the plan and welcome your feedback.
Our strategic plan and our success depends on the commitment of the School of Medicine community and stakeholders who are dedicated to our mission. Thank you for your collaboration and support.
Les Hall, MD
Executive Dean, USC School of Medicine
CEO, Palmetto Health – USC Medical Group