November Monthly Tips
By Office of Parent & Family Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-868-6752
- Carolina Basketball. Basketball season is just beginning! Carolina students will receive an email about
the student ticketing process for men’s and women’s basketball tickets. Basketball games are fun-filled, exciting events at Carolina
and are a great way for your student to gain loyalty points for the football season!
- Carolina-Clemson Blood Drive. Remind your student to support the Gamecocks in the Carolina Clemson Blood Battle Nov. 18-22 at the Russell House and at the bloodmobiles outside Thomas Cooper Library
and the Close-Hipp Building.
- Daylight saving time. Daylight saving time ends Sunday, Nov. 3, and it will get darker earlier. Remind
your student about staying safe on campus and encourage them to use evening shuttles.
- Final exams. Students will start to prepare for final exams in the coming weeks. Encourage your
student to prepare ahead of time, so they are ready when exams begin. Final exams
will be held Dec. 9-16. Your student can visit the Student Success Center if they are struggling with a course or just need a little extra study help.
- Fall Commencement. Fall 2019 Commencement will take place Monday, Dec. 16 at 2:30 p.m. at Colonial Life Arena. Students who
have been approved for Commencement can reserve up to five guest tickets until Sunday, Nov. 10 at 11:59 p.m.
- Family Weekend 2020. Save the date for Family Weekend 2020 – Sept. 11-13. Registration will be available online in the summer.
- Parent & Family Programs App. Advice, tips for talking with your student, and resources are at the touch of a button
with the Office of Parent & Family Programs mobile app. You can download it by searching
“University of South Carolina Parents” in your smartphone’s app store or by visiting
guidebook.com/g/uofscparents to text a link to your phone. This will be your 24/7 resource for all things Parent
& Family Programs at UofSC!
- Parents Association. If you haven’t already, join the dues-free Parents Association! You’ll receive monthly e-newsletters and emergency weather communication from the
Office of Parent & Family Programs to keep you updated. It’s the best way for parents and families to stay connected
- Study abroad. If your student is interested in learning more about study abroad opportunities, encourage
them to attend an information session with the Study Abroad Office. They can also get a jump-start on the process by joining the Student Mail Center
for the Passport Fair held Nov. 20 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the lower level of the Russell House. Students
will be able to apply for their United States passport, have their photo taken and
- Thanksgiving break closings. University of South Carolina residence halls will remain open during Thanksgiving break with limited recreation and dining options available. Greek Village will close Tuesday, Nov. 26 at 6 p.m. and re-open Sunday, Dec. 1 at noon. Encourage your student to reach out to their resident mentor, professional staff or property manager to learn more about break closing procedures.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about