South Carolina Honors College is the nation’s best
By Carol J.G. Ward, email@example.com, 803-777-7549
For the fifth straight time, the University of South Carolina received the highest rating among public school honors programs.
- The rating is from the publication, Inside Honors 2020-2021: Ratings and Reviews of 40 Public University Honors Programs.
- The South Carolina Honors College received a top ranking in the biennial assessment in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020.
- Inside Honors is the only source for an evidence-based ranking of honors colleges. It bases the comprehensive evaluation on 13 key metrics, including curriculum requirements, number of honors classes offered, average class size, graduation rate and ratio of staff to students.
Why it matters:
- The South Carolina Honors College creates a student experience unmatched among public colleges.
- Retention of South Carolina’s top students is a key element in the state’s economic development.
- “I applied to more than 30 colleges and universities. After researching and visiting many of them, I found that none were as prestigious and reputable as the South Carolina Honors College. I have found a home here among intelligent, competitive individuals who feed my academic drive,” says Ja’Quon Williams, Carolina Scholar and international business and management double major from Orangeburg, South Carolina.
What it means: “As proud as I am of our ranking, I’m even prouder of the positive impact we have on our state and beyond, and the difference we make in our students’ lives,” says Honors College Dean Steven Lynn. “Our most recent top ranking is an accomplishment of the entire campus. The extraordinary vision of the administration and the commitment of our students, faculty, staff, admissions, donors and alumni have made this recognition possible.”
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about