The university’s board met on Friday (Oct. 14). During the meeting they approved:
- a resolution to allow for all board members except the chair, vice chair, the president and two officers to be excluded from the Department of Energy process for obtaining security clearance related to the Savannah River National Laboratory,
- a resolution to refund a Series 2013 bond,
- revisions to board bylaws and policies,
- a new endowed faculty chair,
- and past meeting minutes.
The board also selected the sculptor Basil Watson as the artist for the desegregation monument that was announced in February 2022.
Additionally, the trustees also received information on a benchmarking study conducted by the Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Analytics and the Division of Administration and Finance that highlighted the administrative costs per student at the Columbia campus are lower than peer averages for other public institutions in the state, the SEC and the AAU.