June 25-29, 2018
Application Deadline: Tuesday, May 15
The Center for Teaching Excellence invites faculty, staff, and students to apply to attend a weeklong hands-on Virtual Environments Bootcamp to be held in Columbia. You’ll learn the basics for using the latest virtual environments technologies as well as how to teach using these tools.
Join us and learn about:
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- 360o Video
- Pedagogical best practices for teaching using virtual environment technologies
This Bootcamp is for you if you’re a USC:
- faculty member or staff who wants to learn how to create and integrate these technologies into your class or support those who do
- graduate or undergraduate student working with faculty to use virtual technologies
The application process is competitive and up to 20 participants will be selected. There is no cost to attend, however, you will need to provide for your own meals, transportation and lodging.
The Virtual Environments Bootcamp will be facilitated by an experienced team of educators and experts in virtual technologies. The Bootcamp is scheduled to run Monday, June 25 through Friday, June 29 from 8:30 am – 5 pm in Columbia, SC.
The Bootcamp is open to faculty members and staff who teach or support teaching at the USC Columbia, Palmetto College (Union, Lancaster, Sumter and Salkehatchie) and the USC system campuses. A limited number of spaces will be reserved for USC students (either undergraduate or graduate level).
To apply, please complete the online application, including a narrative explaining the following:
- Faculty and staff: describe why you wish to attend, what you hope to get out of it, describe the class you wish to integrate one of the virtual technologies into and/or the content you are hoping to create
- Students: explain why you wish to attend, which faculty member(s) you are assisting, what do you hope to get out of this and how will it help you help the faculty member
Please see the online application for more details.
For questions, please contact Lydia Frass at 803-777-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.