- No wait times
- Less time away from work or class
- No searching for parking
Telemedicine appointment fees: $25
(If you have not paid the student health fee, the visit charge is $35. Charges will be filed to your health insurance. We are out of network with all insurance other than the university-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and any uncovered charges will go to your Bursar account, which can be accessed through my.sc.edu.)
Concerns appropriate for Telemedicine virtual medical visits include:
- Acid Reflux/Heartburn
- Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
- Insect Bites
- Cold/cough/runny nose
- Flu exposure requesting Tamiflu (no symptoms)
- Minor Constipation or diarrhea
- Medication refills (for medications already prescribed for you by our primary care clinic). Our providers do not write prescriptions for controlled substances, erectile dysfunction drugs, appetite suppressants or mood-altering medications.
- Pink eye
- Poison Ivy/Oak
- Rash (non-genital, without fever)
- Request for laboratory testing (thyroid screening, diabetes screening, cholesterol screening)
- Respiratory infection
- Scabies exposure
- Sinus infections or sinus pain
- Minor skin injury
If the medical provider deems it necessary for you to receive a face-to-face evaluation during your Telemedicine visit, you may be asked to come in to the Center for Health and Well-Being or an appropriate local urgent care or emergency department (ER). If you have questions about Telemedicine, please call 803-576-6558.
- Abdominal pain
- Anxiety or Panic Attack
- Back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain or palpitations
- Dizziness, fatigue or weakness
- Fainting or loss of consciousness
- Headache or Head Injury
- Falls, Motor vehicle collisions, Spine or Extremity trauma
- Thoughts of harming self or others
- Severe illness with fever
Our providers do not write prescriptions for controlled substances, erectile dysfunction drugs, appetite suppressants or mood altering medications.
- Create your Telemedicine account
- To use Telemedicine at Student Health Services students need to download the Mend Telemedicine app from the Google Play or the Apple Store. Also, students can login to a Telemedicine session online.
Before You Start
- Please fill out the following forms under Medical Clearances on MyHealthSpace: Health History, Treatment Agreement & Notice of Privacy Practices and Permission to File Insurance. Also upload your insurance card.
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.