- Display an interest in pursuing educational, employment, and life experiences through postsecondary education
- Desire to learn and participate in inclusive classroom and work settings
- Be at least 18 years old and have completed high school (a high school diploma is not required)
- Have a documented cognitive disability
- Demonstrate basic safety skills
- Be independent in self-administering medication
- Follow a schedule with minimal support
- Communicate wants, desires, and needs
- We operate on a rolling admission policy and although there is no specific deadline to apply for admission, it is to your advantage to plan ahead and apply early.
- The CarolinaLIFE admissions team will begin the initial review applications by mid-October. In general, applications will be reviewed within 4-6 weeks of submission.
- The CarolinaLIFE admissions team will invite select candidates to interview.
- The CarolinaLIFE admissions team will notify candidates by mail if they have been selected for admission into CarolinaLIFE.
- The CarolinaLIFE admissions process is selective. Meeting the basic requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete and submit the CarolinaLIFE application packet (include all required documentation and the application fee)
Step 2: Mail application to:
235 Wardlaw – College of Education
820 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29208
*Sending your materials directly to the University of South Carolina rather than our program office will delay the admission process.
Before you mail your application, please make sure that you have included:
- $ 25.00 application fee (please make checks payable to University of South Carolina)
- CarolinaLIFE Student Application
- Copy of most recent/current IEP
- Current psychoeducational evaluation (conducted within the past three years)
- Official high school transcript
- 3 letters of recommendation (Recommendation forms are included in the downloadable application packet)