Skip to Content

Coronavirus: Get complete details about the university's response to COVID-19.

College of Education

  • A male teacher points to something off-camera while two students look up at him.

Certifications and Endorsements

The College of Education offers courses and degree programs that lead to professional certifications and endorsements to enhance your knowledge and skills while helping you advance your career.

Additional Certifications and Endorsements

Applied Behavior Analyst
If you want to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA®), you can take either the approved sequence of courses or complete the M.Ed. in Applied Behavior Analysis to meet the course and supervised experience requirements to sit for the BCBA® exam.

English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)

Take the approved five-course sequence to add English for Speakers of Other Languages to your South Carolina teaching certificate. These courses are available 100% online.

Gifted and Talented
Take the approved two-course sequence to add the beginning-level Gifted and Talented endorsement to your South Carolina teaching certificate.

Literacy Teacher, Literacy Coach, and Literacy Specialist

You can either take the approved course sequence or complete the M.Ed. in Language and Literacy to meet current course requirements for the Literacy Teacher and Literacy Coach add-on certifications in South Carolina. As a student in the M.Ed. in Language and Literacy, you can also meet the Literacy Specialist add-on course requirements with just one additional course.

Project-Based Learning (PBL)

If you want to add the South Carolina Project-Based Learning add-on endorsement, you can either take the approved three-course sequence (available online) or complete the 100% online M.Ed. in Teaching with a specialization in Project-Based Learning.

If you are ready to pursue a doctorate degree, this endorsement can also be met through the 100% online Ed.D. with a STEM Education concentration.

Play Therapy

If you want to become a Registered Play Therapist (RPT), you can complete our Certificate of Graduate Study in Play Therapy to meet the educational/course requirements for RPT.

Read-to-Succeed (R2S)

Current teachers seeking to meet the in-service Read-to-Succeed Literacy Teacher Endorsement or Read-to-Succeed Literacy Requirement Endorsement can choose one of three options:

Both degrees meet the current in-service Read-to-Succeed course requirements.

Special Education

Current teachers wanting to add an area of Special Education can complete the M.Ed. in Special Education. If you are specifically interested in the Early Childhood (ages 3-5) Special Education add-on certification, you can take the seven-course sequence or complete the M.Ed. with the Early Childhood Special Education Concentration.


Become a Teacher

If you are seeking your first certification as a teacher, explore programs listed on the Become a Teacher page.


Become a School Administrator

If you are seeking to gain certification as a school administrator or district superintendent, explore programs listed on the Administration and Leadership page.


Become a Counselor

If you are seeking to becomes a certified counselor, explore the programs listed on the Counseling page.


Explore All Our Programs

Find even more areas of study and degree programs on our Degree Programs page.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.