School of Law
- Colleges and Schools
- School of Law
- Faculty and Staff
- Jacqueline R. Fox
Jacqueline R. Fox
|Title:||Professor of Law
|School of Law|
1525 Senate Street
Jacqueline Fox teaches Health Care Law and Policy, Public Health Law, Bioethics, and Torts. She has published numerous articles on health law, health care financing and regulation, and health care reform in publications including the University of Cincinnati Law Review, Buffalo Law Review, Seton Hall Law Review, the Yale Journal of Health Policy, Law, and Ethics, the International Journal of Healthcare Technology and Management, and The Hasting Center's Health Care Cost Monitor. Her current work closely examines the newly created Independent Payment Advisory Board, which is tasked with capping the costs of the Medicare program. She has published op-ed pieces in The State newspaper and appeared on local and regional news shows speaking on the subject of health law. Her work on Medicare, in particular, has been cited in a number of scholarly publications and one of her contributions to the Hastings Center health reform publications has been the subject of an article in the New York Times. She has also been an invited speaker at universities including Oxford University, the University of Toronto, Johns Hopkins University, and Yale University. She was a visiting professor at the Santa Anna University in Pisa, Italy, for the spring semester of 2009.
Fox received her B.A. from Sarah Lawrence College and J.D. and LL.M. from Georgetown University. Prior to joining the faculty at the University of South Carolina, she was a Greenwall Fellow at Johns Hopkins and Georgetown Universities, and a Donaghue Scholar of Research Ethics at Yale University.
- Torts (LAWS 529)
- Public Health Law (LAWS 672)
- Health Law & Policy (LAWS 676)
- Bioethics Seminar (LAWS 721)
- “Review of Jonathan Herring, Caring and the Law”, 35 J. Legal Med. 337–343 (2014).
- “Death Panels: A Defense of the Independent Payment Advisory Board”, 66 Admin. L. Rev. 131–171 (2014) (chosen as annual symposium presentation).
- “The Epidemic of Children’s Dental Diseases: Putting Teeth Into the Law”, 11 Yale J. Health Pol’y L. & Ethics 225 (2011) (peer reviewed journal).
- “The Hidden Role of Cost: Medicare Decisions, Transparency and Public Trust”, 79 U. Cin. L. Rev. 1 (2010) (lead article).
- “Reinvigorating the Concept of Benefit: The Failure of Drug Company-Sponsored Research on Human Subjects”, 38 Seton Hall L. Rev. 605 (2008).