When prospective students apply for admission to the university and declare a pre-pharmacy major, admission into the pre-pharmacy program is automatic upon acceptance by the University of South Carolina. As a pre-pharmacy student, you’re part of the College of Pharmacy.
Applying for the Pre-Pharmacy Program
If you’re preparing for your first year of college, pre-pharmacy admission is handled through Undergraduate Admissions. Their staff can answer any of your questions about admission requirements, the application, deadlines, scholarships and other matters. To apply for the pre-pharmacy program, just declare pre-pharmacy as your major on your university application.
Pre-Pharmacy Student Advantages
- Awarding of an optional B.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences degree after Year 2 of the Pharm.D. curriculum
- Ability to earn 2 degrees within 6 years of college at UofSC (Pharm.D. & B.S.)
- Individual advisement sessions with a Pre-Pharmacy advisor each semester
- Unlimited access to Pre-Pharmacy advisors, UofSC COP Faculty & Administrators
- Opportunity to join an or-ganization exclusive to Pre-Pharmacy students (CAPPS)
- Eligibility to join 2 professional Pharm.D. organizations as a Pre- Pharmacy student (APhA-ASP and SNPhA)