About the Program
The Clinical Teaching Certificate (CTC) program at the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy is a structured educational program to enhance teaching and precepting skills, allowing pharmacists to become confident and motivational educators in both academic and clinical pharmacy settings.
Two tracks are offered within the program:
- Clinical Preceptors
- Clinical Academicians
Each participant benefits from the guidance and supervision of an experienced educator who provides mentorship and facilitates engagement with the College of Pharmacy. Through development workshops, hands-on learning activities, and opportunities to create, implement, and evaluate educational experiences within academic and clinical practice environments, the CTC produces skilled life-long pharmacy educators. Upon completion of all requirements, participants are awarded a certificate demonstrating their accomplishment.
Whether you are a pharmacy resident, new practitioner, or someone potentially interested
in more advanced precepting / teaching, we would love to work with you. Contact the
Program Directors to discuss the best path for your enrollment.
Clinical Teaching Certificate Objectives
Upon completion of the CTC program, the participant will be able to:
- Develop, deliver, and assess teaching activities in a variety of instructional settings, including didactic lectures, clinical teaching/precepting, and small or large group facilitation.
- Employ effective teaching techniques based on the principles of learning.
- Assess learner performance in an effective, objective, equitable, and constructive manner.
- Incorporate self-assessment, peer assessment, mentor evaluation, and learner feedback to improve personal teaching performance.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to provide effective learner-centered education as a preceptor, mentor, colleague, or faculty member.