Annual Tuition and Fees (2021-2022)
|Year of Program||Semester||Resident Cost||Non-Resident Cost||Non-Resident with Scholarship Cost|
|P1, P2, P3||Fall||$12,120||$18,267||$15,591|
|Cost per credit hour
*See additional notes below related to annual tuition and fees.
Scholarships are available at both the university and department level. University scholarships are awarded to both S.C. residents and nonresidents by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions based on a variety of eligibility factors.
Departmental scholarships are available thanks to the generous support of alumni and friends, and are awarded to current undergraduate and graduate College of Pharmacy students. These scholarships are primarily merit-based, but often financial need and other special circumstances are considered.
To be considered for a scholarship, students must complete an online application every year.
The application is accessible each spring, and it is due each year by midnight on
May 19. Scholarship recipients are chosen between June and July.
Verification of Student Identity
Students are responsible for all costs associated with completion of a background
check which is required upon admission. The cost of subsequent background checks is
included within tuition and fees.
- Above fees include UofSC Technology Fee as appropriate, $200 per semester or pro-rated for per credit hour tuition.
- All Pharm.D. students retaking a course during the summer terms are required to pay the per credit hour rate for the repeated course and the regular summer program fee. Students who must schedule an additional IPPE or APPE due to a deficiency in the previous practice experience will be billed the appropriate per hour tuition for this extra course.
- All Pharm.D. students will be assessed an additional per credit hour charge for course hours outside the Pharm.D. program.
- Pre-pharmacy students at the UofSC campus pay the regular UofSC undergraduate tuition.
- Pre-pharmacy students at the UofSC campus pay an advisement fee of $100 per semester in fall and spring, not in summer. Professional program students do not pay an advisement fee.
- Gamecock Pharmacy Assurance (GPA) Program students pay a fee of $250 per semester, Fall and Spring only.
- Students accepted into the Pharm.D. program pay a seat confirmation fee of $485 prior to the P1 year.
- There is a supplemental application fee of $65 for students applying to the Pharm.D. program; this amount is in addition to the application fee charged by PharmCAS.