Make a difference. Become a preceptor!
If you are interested in becoming a preceptor with the College of Pharmacy, please complete the following steps. All preceptor forms and resources can be found in the Preceptor Toolbox.
- Complete the Preceptor Application form.
Once you have completed your application form, you will also be prompted to upload your current CV/Resume.
- Prepare your Rotation Syllabus.
To assist you in this process, please find a syllabi template for your rotation category. Each document can be adapted to include objectives and rotation activities to fit your practice site. This document can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Establish an Affiliation Agreement if you are a new practice site for the College of Pharmacy.
Please complete the required fields of the Affiliation Agreement and print for signatures of the authorized individuals at your site. Then submit the signed agreement via fax at 803-777-0581, or email it to email@example.com. If your facility prefers to use a standard agreement, please send this template to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we have corporate agreements established with several nationwide chain pharmacies, so please check with our office if you have any questions.
- Review the Rotation Manuals.
Our rotation manuals will answer many of your preliminary questions and allow you to become familiar with our experiential program.
- Watch the PEEP Preceptor Orientation video.
Strong preceptors offer more effective learning experiences for our students. In order to lend you the support that you need as a preceptor, we will provide you with the training and support you need to ensure your success.
- Annual Preceptor Conference – Offered in the spring of each year to currently active preceptors, our annual conference allows you to network with other preceptors, reviews expectations and provides best practices to enhance the learning experience that you provide.
- Pharmacist’s Letter Preceptor Training & Resource Network – If you do not have a CE ID# for PLPTRN or have a personal subscription to Pharmacist's Letter, you can request on by clicking on "I'm new to Pharmacist's Letter..."
Already a Preceptor?
Access the Preeptor Toolbox for forms and additional resources.
If your practice site or any other information has changed, please email email@example.com to provide an update.