March Monthly Tips
By Office of Parent & Family Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-868-6752
- Carolina Alert. All students should sign up for Carolina Alert to receive emergency communication by text message and email. To sign up, students
will need to visit my.sc.edu/emergency and log in. If parents/family members would like to receive the alerts, additional
spaces are available on the student's account to add a parent/family member's email
address and/or cell phone number. More information about signing up can be found on
the Carolina Alert website.
- Commencement. Students approved to graduate this spring can begin requesting guest tickets for their ceremony March 18 through the student ticketing account manager platform.
Families are encouraged to review the Commencement website to learn about parking, shuttles and photography for the ceremonies.
- Download the Mobile App. Keep the Office of Parent & Family Programs within your reach 24/7. Download the
award-winning Parent & Family Programs mobile app to stay updated on important university dates, events happening on campus and conversation
topics to discuss with your student.
- Family Weekend 2019. Mark your calendars for Family Weekend 2019, to be held Sept. 27-29! More information
about the schedule and registration will be made available in the coming months. Please
continue to visit the Family Weekend website for updates throughout the late spring and summer!
- Parents Association. Join the dues-free Parents Association! You’ll receive monthly e-newsletters from the Office of Parent & Family Programs
to keep you updated. It’s the best way for families to stay connected to Carolina!
Also, be sure to review the 2018-2019 Family Calendar & Handbook on the Parents & Families Gateway for helpful information about campus life.
- Spring Break. Spring break is right around the corner, March 10-17. Have a conversation with your
student about their plans for the break by encouraging them to make safe and responsible choices. As a reminder, residence halls will close on March 9 at 10 a.m. and reopen March
17 at 8 a.m. The Greek Village will close March 8 at 6 p.m. and reopen March 17 at
- Supporting Your Student. As midterms approach, your student may begin feeling overwhelmed with their classwork
and extracurricular responsibilities. Learn how you can support your student through
the Dinner Dialogues: Family Edition videos on the Office of Parent & Family Programs YouTube channel. There are a variety of topics and discussion ideas to keep the conversation going.
- Undergraduate Research. Students who have participated in undergraduate research or unique academic experiences
are encouraged to apply for Discover USC, an annual event to be held April 26 for students to showcase their scholarly pursuits
in and out of the classroom. The priority deadline for students to register is March 8.
- University Advising Center. Is your student looking to change their major to a different college? Does your student need assistance with academic success strategies? Encourage them to make an appointment with staff in the University Advising Center, who offer major change advising and academic success coaching.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about