Due to Hurricane Matthew, PEBA is extending the 2016 open enrollment period. Subscribers have until November 15, 2016 to submit open enrollment changes. While this extension is available to all subscribers, we encourage you to complete changes prior to the original deadline of October 31. Any changes made during this time will be effective January 1, 2017.
Please read the Benefits Advantage [pdf] newsletter which details your insurance options for 2017, highlights benefits enhancements for the upcoming year and outlines the changes you can make during this open enrollment period. Look for a paper copy of this newsletter through campus mail within the next few days.
What changes can you make?
During the open enrollment period, you may make the following changes:
- Change from one health plan to another plan.
- Enroll or drop dependents from your coverage.
- Enroll in or drop the vision coverage.
- Enroll in or drop the insurance MoneyPlus pre-tax premium feature.
- Enroll or re-enroll in the MoneyPlus Medical Spending or Dependent Care accounts.
How do you make changes?
Coverage changes may be made online using MyBenefits from October 1, 2016 until November 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Deductions to your coverage will be effective January 1, 2017 and will be reflected in your December 15, 2016 paycheck. MoneyPlus changes may be made online using www.myfbmc.com and will be reflected in your January 15, 2017 paycheck.
If you wish to make open enrollment changes and also need to change your beneficiary or address, please make the beneficiary or address change prior to making your open enrollment changes. If you do not wish to make open enrollment changes, but need to make a beneficiary or address change, please proceed to make the change online via the MyBenefits system.
If you have any questions or need help making your changes, please contact the Benefits Office at 803-777-6650.
Open Enrollment Checklist
When using MyBenefits, you should check to ensure these changes have been made before submitting open enrollment transactions:
- If you want to make changes to your beneficiaries, contact information or tobacco-user status, make these changes in a separate transaction before making open enrollment changes.
- A change in tobacco certification becomes effective the first day of the month after PEBA receives the tobacco certification form. Example: If PEBA receives your Certification Regarding Tobacco Use form in October, it becomes effective November 1.
- If you wish to drop your tobacco-user premium for an effective date of November 1, you should submit it as a separate transaction before submitting open enrollment transactions. If you submit it after submitting open enrollment transactions, January 1, 2017, will be the effective date.
Posted October 4, 2016
Updated October 27, 2016