All paid employees of the University of South Carolina are covered by workers' compensation.
Workers' Compensation Provider
The State Accident Fund is South Carolina's workers' compensation insurance provider. Medical case management is provided by CompEndium Services, Inc.
Any accidental injury or occupational disease sustained by employees in the course of performing their job duties may be covered.
It is important that when you are injured on the job, you immediately report the injury or illness to your supervisor and CompEndium Services so that medical treatment may be authorized and a Workers' Compensation claim filed.
When An Injury Occurs
Call CompEndium for non-emergency injuries. In an emergency, visit a local emergency room or call 911.
Follow these five important steps to report your injury:
- Immediately report the injury to your supervisor. You and your supervisor call CompEndium together at 877-709-2667 to report the injury.
- Follow CompEndium’s Nurse Case Manager’s instructions for any authorized treatment and further reporting.
- Complete an Employee Injury Report [pdf] and have your supervisor complete a Supervisor's Report [pdf]. Fax both reports to CompEndium at 877-710-2667.
- If the treating physician does not release you to return to work, be sure to complete the Benefits Election section at the bottom of the Employee Injury Report. Meet with your department HR Contact for an explanation of your options or call the Benefits Office at 803-777-6650 for assistance.
- Report the injury to CompEndium Services within 10 days of the date of injury.
Call the Benefits Office at 803-777-6650 if you have any questions.