PLAN NOW FOR 2021
It's time to plan for a brighter year ahead.
During open enrollment, you can:
- Enroll in or make changes to your medical, vision, life insurance or long-term disability insurance plans.
- Add or remove dependents from your coverage.
- Enroll in or make changes to your health savings account and flexible spending accounts for dependent care and medical spending and limited-use spending accounts.
- Learn more at https://www.peba.sc.gov/oe.
Open enrollment highlights for active employees
- Enroll in or increase your Optional Life coverage up to $50,000, without medical evidence.
- Enroll in Supplemental Long Term Disability (SLTD) coverage without medical evidence.
- Change your benefit waiting period from 180 days to 90 days for existing coverage without medical evidence.
How to make changes
- Log in to MyBenefits to make your coverage selections during open enrollment. View the Setting Up a New MyBenefits Account flyer [pdf] to learn how to register.
- Changes to existing dental coverage can be made only during open enrollment in odd-numbered years. Your next opportunity to make a change will be October 2021 or within 31 days of a special eligibility situation.
- If you want to enroll in or increase Optional Life or Dependent Life-Spouse coverage that requires medical evidence, contact your Benefits Office for the Statement of Health form, and submit it to MetLife. Then, complete a Notice of Election form, sign it and return it to your Benefits office by October 31, 2020. Your Benefits office will submit the form to PEBA once they receive approval for coverage from MetLife.
Satisfied with your current coverage?
You do not need to do anything during open enrollment. However, you must re-enroll in flexible spending accounts each year.
Contact UofSC’s Benefits Office at 803.777.6650 or email@example.com, or contact PEBA’s Customer Contact Center at 803.737.6800 or 888.260.9430.