Each year the University of South Carolina recognizes two faculty members for outstanding clinical teaching, practice, advising and mentoring of health science students. Full-time, professional track faculty members who have taught clinical practice courses at USC for at least three years may be considered.
- Full-time, professional track faculty members who have taught clinical practice courses at USC for at least three years.
Submissions will be accepted from students, faculty, department chairs and deans from the colleges of medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health and social work.
Individuals completing the submission form are required to submit all required materials.
Application file(s) are to be submitted electronically through the submission form.
Please note: All required materials should be combined into one PDF file before uploading.
Submission forms are due by December 15, 2023.
- A vita which includes faculty rank and status.
- A narrative which summarizes the candidate's philosophy of teaching, involvement in clinical teaching and practice, advising and mentoring of health science students.
- A summary from a chair or colleague summarizing clinical teaching, research, advisement, mentoring activities and awards. Suggestions for two-page summary:
- Course or program development such as courses taught/developed, program development or revision, clinical instructional materials developed for students and/or uses of current and emerging technologies
- Advisement and career counseling such as development of advisement materials, awards or recognitions
- Research or independent study supervision such as nature and quality of student performance, nature and quality of supervision and/or nature and quality of outcomes or products
- Mentoring and instructional support to colleagues and teaching assistants, excerpts of letters from those assisted and/or description of support offered
- Research and writing in the clinical discipline or profession (and related specifically to teaching) such as: publications, seminars, presentations, video or other technology- based productions, portfolios, exhibits, concerts, etc.
- Delivery of clinical instruction, syllabi, course requirements and/or assessment approaches
- Evaluation of student learning, student generated products and/or examples of completed assignments
- Awards for clinical teaching and advising