The USC Educational Foundation Service award is the university's most prestigious award for professional, campus and community service by a faculty member. Full-time faculty members of any track and rank on the Columbia or regional campuses are eligible to be considered. The award includes a $1,000 prize and a certificate of recognition.
- Full-time faculty members at USC Columbia and the Regional Palmetto College Campuses are eligible for this award.
- Candidates must have a truly exemplary record of service within the university on the campus-wide level, service to the professional community, and/or community engagement [outreach, service and volunteer] activities to provide assistance to a community, agency or individuals.
Academic deans, department chairs and directors at USC Columbia and Palmetto College campuses may submit up to three faculty members from their respective units for award consideration.
Individuals completing the submission form are required to submit all required materials.
Application file(s) are to be submitted electronically through the submission form.
Please note: All required materials should be combined into one PDF file before uploading.
Submission forms are due by December 15, 2023.
- Submission Form
- A letter documenting the service activities of the candidate
- One letter of support from within the university (dean or chair) appraising the significance of the service activity submitted for consideration
- Two-page personal statement (provided by candidate)
- Curriculum vitae highlighting service
The deans of the university's academic units make nominations from their faculties. The selection committee will select the winner and make the recommendation to the provost. The award is presented at the spring Faculty Awards Ceremony.