The Office of the Provost maintains the official Policies and Procedures Manual for the university. The following policies pertain to the development, modification, or termination of academic programs, courses, centers and administrative units.
- ACAF 2.00 Creation and Revision of Academic Programs
- ACAF 2,01 Establishment and Modification of Centers and Institutes
- ACAF 2.02 Establishment and Modification of Academic Administrative Units
- ACAF 2.03 Creation and Revision of Academic Courses
- ACAF 2.05 Consortial Academic Contracts and Agreements
- ACAF 2.06 International Academic Agreements
- ACAF 3.00 Assessment and Student Learning
- ACAF 3.50 Academic Bulletins and Planning Calendar
These resources provide information about developing, designing, and delivering high quality courses and programs.
- Academic Program Liaisons
- Proposal Best Practices [pdf]
- Carolina Core
- CTE Syllabus Templates
- Curriculum Approval Process: Roles and Responsibilities [pdf]
- Distributed Learning
- Approved Distributed Learning Courses
- Faculty Senate
- Flow Chart for New Program Proposals [pdf]
- Graduate Council
- Integrative Course Process [pdf]
- Learning Outcomes Template [xlsx]
- InDev Checklist for Distributed Learning Courses [pdf]
Forms used in the curriculum approval process are provided below.
Consult the meeting schedules and calendars below for deadlines and meetings related to approval through faculty governance, CHE and SACSCOC.
The following tutorials provide instruction about how to complete the following proposals in APPS.
- New course [pdf]
- Course change [pdf]
- Course change, add distributed learning delivery [pdf]
- Program change [pdf]
- New program [pdf]
- Program Termination [pdf]
The University Advising Center developed the following training videos:
Additional training videos are available (Must enter UofSC credentials for access)