February 23-26, 2023
Directed by Theatre Performance Faculty
Enjoy a fast-paced journey through laughter, heartbreak and everything in between in this collection of 10-minute plays, each directed by a different member of USC’s theatre performance faculty. Featured plays include:
- The Bear (by Anton Chekhov / Directed by Dustin Whitehead), a 1900 comedy about two irascible characters finding love amid the most contentious of circumstances;
- Gershwin’s Last Ride (by USC alum Ryan Stevens / Directed by Patrick Michael Kelly), a rodeo-set play about a prize-winning bull and the hot-shot cowboy who takes him on;
- Coq Au Vin (by Jon Robin Baitz / Directed by Marybeth Gorman Craig), a darkly satiric story of two actors trying to find purpose in the only gig they can get – playing chickens at a county fair;
- Memory Sounds (by J.J. Steinfeld / Directed by David Britt), a powerful story of connection between two generations represented by a college student and an elderly Holocaust survivor; and,
- Three Guys and a Brenda (by Adam Bock / Directed by Erica Tobolski), a comedy about three tough guys and the female co-worker who renders them speechless.