The Office of the Provost is pleased to announce that the University of South Carolina has renewed its institutional membership with the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD).
NCFDD is a nationally recognized organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty. They deliver a variety of web-based services including webinars, workshops, and discussion forums that cover topics such as grant writing, time management, and conflict resolution. Additionally, the organization provides faculty, post docs and graduate students with opportunities to broaden their external mentoring and professional networks.
By being an institutional member, all faculty, graduate students, and post-docs at the university have access to the following member resources at no additional cost:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Video recordings of all webinars so that members can learn at their convenience
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring and problem-solving
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Moderated monthly writing challenges
- Access to the Career Center where members can post and search job listings
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
To take advantage of this opportunity, activate your confidential, personal membership account by completing the following steps:
1. Go to https://www.facultydiversity.org/institutions/southcarolina
2. After creating a username and password, enter your university email address to expedite your registration.
3. Complete the registration process.
You will receive a welcome email within 1-2 business days confirming that the account is approved and active.
For questions or comments, please contact Dr. John Dozier, Senior Associate Provost for Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer or your college’s (or school’s) Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion. Please contact NCFDD directly with any technical questions or concerns at Help@FacultyDiversity.org.