CarolinaAnalytics is the university's premier platform for data analytics, business
intelligence, and reporting using the university's Tableau Server. Projects, dashboards,
and other deliverables are accessible only to USC personnel through their Network
Username and password.
Project spaces and deliverables must complete a comprehensive quality assurance program that ensures they conform to the "Pristine from Day One" standard. Many of the items in CarolinaAnalytics are developed by HelioCampus or are commissioned or approved by the Flagship Analytics Council (for USC Columbia and Palmetto College).
During the multiyear build-out of the university's four core CarolinaAnalytics Data Domains - Student, LMS, Financials, and HR - expertly crafted joins will connect records across the domains to ensure accuracy, repeatability, and reliability of analysis. By industry estimates, such hyper-accurate, continuously available joins across data domains save on average 70 percent of time and effort for data analysts, making that time and effort available for rich analysis and insights to inform decision makers. What can data analysts do with 70 percent of their productive time? They can explore data in greater depth, combine and enrich it with additional data sources for new insights, create and publish interactive dashboards for their leaders, and help other users improve their self-service skills with more intuitive and efficient data.
Timeline for Access & Availability
CarolinaAnalytics will be built out over a couple years in partnership with HelioCampus and administrative divisions and units of the university.
- General rollout begins with Power Users May 4-5-6 and with Content Users May 11-12-13
- Dashboards and data science services include:
- Course Registrations
- Average Class Size
- Enrollment Comparisons
- Completions (by Degrees or Students)
- Comparison by Year, with select Measures and Dimensions
- Award Package
- Retention & Graduation Data
- Comparison by Term, with select Success Rate measures and Dimensions
- USC Columbia - Undergraduate
- USC Upstate - Undergraduate
- Course Overview
- Course Comparisons
- Instruction Mode
- Person Overview
- Person Demographic Comparison
- Inaugurate the Flagship Analytics Council to govern the priorities for ongoing data science projects and custom development with HelioCampus, on behalf of UoSC Columbia and Palmetto College
- Comprehensive Universities may independently contract for local analytics and data science services with HelioCampus, under provisions of the award. Please contact the Chief Data Officer for additional details.
- Users with Explorer and Creator site permissions can build their own interactive dashboards for themselves, their unit leads, and colleagues
Sequence of release to be determined by the Business Intelligence Council.
- USC Aiken
- USC Beaufort
- USC Lancaster
- USC Salkehatchie
- USC Sumter
- USC Union
- Student Account
- Fee Audit Report
- Tuition Revenue Analysis
- Student Out of Pocket Cost
- General Ledger Replication
- Insights and dashboards (TBD)
- General Person
- Unit Affliations