Something New: Discover UofSC 2022 keynote video features outstanding UofSC faculty researchers
The Office of the Vice President for Research is excited to share a brand-new concept for the 2022 Discover UofSC keynote. Instead of a traditional keynote talk, we have launched a video featuring an inspiring and informative conversation among four of the University of South Carolina’s distinguished researchers from a wide variety of fields of study, moderated by skilled host August “Augie” Grant, the J. Rion McKissick Professor of Journalism in the School of Journalism and Mass Communications. In the video, keynote panelists Dr. Gloria Swindler Boutte, Dr. Timothy Mousseau, Dr. Melissa Nolan and Dr. Mark Smith share their career insights and research experiences with the goal of inspiring a new generation of University of South Carolina scholars. The 2022 keynote panelists will join us at Discover UofSC tomorrow as Distinguished Research Ambassadors to continue the conversation with presenters and other participants.
Now Live: Get the Discover UofSC mobile guide on the Guidebook App today
For the first time ever, Discover UofSC has an app. The Discover UofSC 2022 Official Guide is your environmentally friendly paperless program for this year’s showcase of research, scholarship, leadership and creativity. Get the guide to have event details at your fingertips:
- Searchable listings of presentations – search by presenter name(s), title, keywords found anywhere in the abstract or title, lead mentor name, poster number and more
- Notifications from event organizers
- A schedule with poster and 3MT locations
- A twitter feed showing our official hashtag #DiscoverUofSC22
- Our welcome and keynote videos
- And more
Wifi at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center will likely experience heavy traffic on Friday, so be sure to get the guide before you arrive to avoid possible slow download times.
Join us tomorrow for the full Discover UofSC 2022 experience
All faculty, staff, administrators, students, family members and friends of the University of South Carolina are welcome to join us tomorrow for Discover UofSC 2022. Visitors are not required to register or check in when they arrive. Here’s what you need to know to get involved:
- Free shuttles will be running between Discover UofSC and the UofSC Horseshoe throughout the day on Friday. Discover UofSC presenters, reviewers, volunteers, mentors and visitors joining us from the Columbia campus are strongly encouraged to skip the headache of parking downtown and catch a shuttle at the Horseshoe—look for the Discover UofSC signs that mark the pick-up location.
- Get a feel for the presentations you’d like to check out. Presentations are searchable by title, presenter, keyword and more in the Discover UofSC 2022 Mobile Guide and the Find a Presenter page of the Discover website.
21 April 2022